Who can apply?

Foreign nationals who do not qualify for a Student Visa may still avail themselves of special study permit

Where to apply?

BI Main Office

Other Immigration Offices (Click here to see the list of offices authorized to process this transaction)

What to bring?

1.Checklist with complete documentary requirements

2. Application Form

3. Additional Information on Applicant's Children, (if needed)

How to apply?

  1. Secure the CGAF from either at the Public Information and Assistance Unit (PIAU) at BI G/F Main Office or from the official BI Website.

  2. Submit the documents for pre-screening to the Central Receiving Unit (CRU) or to the frontline officer or staff of other Immigration Offices able to process this transaction.

  3. Get the Order of Payment Slip (OPS).

  4. Pay the required fees.

  5. Submit copy of Official Receipt.

  6. Please refer to the Official Receipt for the schedule and venue of the hearing and Image and Fingerprint Capturing.

  7. In case of extension application, the biometric data previously captured during the visa conversion shall be used in the printing of the renewed ACR I-Card. However, applicants aged ten (10) years and below shall have their image and fingerprint captured every extension of visa. Applicants aged eleven (11) years and above shall have their image and fingerprint captured every after five (5) years.

  8. Proceed to Image and Fingerprint Capturing Counter of the Alien Registration Division (ARD) and submit requirements for ACR I-Card application

  9. If approved, claim the SSP and ACR I-Card.

How much does it cost?



Application Fee

Php 2, 000. 00

Implementation Fee

1, 000. 00

Service Fee

200. 00

Certificate Fee

500. 00

Legal Research Fee (LRF) for each immigration fee except Head Tax and Fines

40. 00

Express Fee (Certification)

500. 00

Express Fee (Filing)

500. 00

Express Fee (I-Card Processing)

500. 00


PHP 5, 240. 00

Additional I-card fee (based on current exchange rate)

$ 50. 00

 *Fees are updated as of 06 March 2014 and may change without prior notice.

Back to Top