JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 174
  1. I am a foreign national under a Temporary Visitor’s Visa, I can stay legally in the Philippines for thirty (30) days however I want to extend my stay, how do I go about this?

Foreign nationals who are admitted with an initial stay of thirty (30) days may apply for a visa waiver first, granting an additional stay of twenty nine (29) in the Philippines. Thereafter, you may apply for one (1) month, two (2) months or six (6) months extensions at least one week prior to the expiration of your valid stay.

  1. How long can I extend my in the Philippines?

Under Immigration Memorandum Circular No. SBM-2013-003, non-visa required national may extend their stay up to thirty six (36) months while visa required national may extend their stay up to twenty four (24) months.

Note: The said periods shall be counted from the date of the applicant’s latest recorded arrival.

  1. What are the requirements for me to extend my Temporary Visitor’s Visa?

For visa extension requirements, kindly bring your passport and submit a filled out visa extension form (TVS-C-VE-2016) at any BI offices.

  1. May I send a representative on my behalf to file my visa extension?

You may send a representative to file for your visa extension given that you will provide a Special Power of Attorney (SPA).

  1. How many days should I allot for the filling of my visa extension to avoid overstaying?

You may file for your visa extension application seven (7) days before your Temporary Visitors’ visa expires.


Back to Top