Who should apply for an Emigration Clearance Certificate?
ECC has two (2) types, ECC –A (also referred to as regular ECC and ECC-B.
The following foreign nationals must secure an ECC-A prior to their departure:
- Holders of Temporary Visitor Visa (also referred to as tourist visa) who have stayed in the Philippines for six (6) months or more;
- Holders of expired or downgraded Immigrant or Non-Immigrant Visas;
- Holders of valid Immigrant or Non-Immigrant Visas but are leaving for good;
- Philippine-born foreign nationals who will depart from the Philippines for the first time;
- Holders of Temporary Visitor Visa with Orders to Leave;
- Bona fide seafarers who have stayed in the Philippines for 30 days or more and has a duly approved discharge from BI.
ECC-B is issued to departing holders of Immigrant and Non-Immigrant visas with valid ACR I-Cards and are leaving the country temporarily.
When should I apply for an ECC?
A foreign national may apply for an ECC at least 72 hours prior to his/her departure from the Philippines.
Does the ECC have validity? Will I be able to use this multiple times?
The ECC is valid for one (1) month from the date of issue, however, you may only use this once regardless of its validity.