JUser: :_load: Unable to load user with ID: 174
  1. Who should apply for an Emigration Clearance Certificate?

ECC has two (2) types, ECC –A (also referred to as regular ECC and ECC-B.

The following foreign nationals must secure an ECC-A prior to their departure:

    1. Holders of Temporary Visitor Visa (also referred to as tourist visa) who have stayed in the Philippines for six (6) months or more;
    2. Holders of expired or downgraded Immigrant or Non-Immigrant Visas;
    3. Holders of valid Immigrant or Non-Immigrant Visas but are leaving for good;
    4. Philippine-born foreign nationals who will depart from the Philippines for the first time;
    5. Holders of Temporary Visitor Visa with Orders to Leave;
    6. Bona fide seafarers who have stayed in the Philippines for 30 days or more and has a duly approved discharge from BI.

ECC-B is issued to departing holders of Immigrant and Non-Immigrant visas with valid ACR I-Cards and are leaving the country temporarily. 


  1. When should I apply for an ECC?

    A foreign national may apply for an ECC at least 72 hours prior to his/her departure from the Philippines.


  1. Does the ECC have validity? Will I be able to use this multiple times?

The ECC is valid for one (1) month from the date of issue, however, you may only use this once regardless of its validity.






Back to Top