|A Brief History|
|Vision and Mandate|
|BI - Subport Offices|
|List of BOC acted applications|
|Updated List of Released I-Cards|
|Lifted Watchlist and Hold Departure Issued by the DOJ|
|List of Approved Quota Visa Applications|
|MEMORANDUM ORDER RADJR NO. 2011-010|
WHEREAS, pursuant to Section 3, Commonwealth Act No. 613, otherwise known as “The Philippine Immigration Act of 1940,” as amended, in relation to Section 36 of Executive Order No. 292, otherwise known as the “Administrative Code of 1987,” which provides: (1) The head of a Bureau or Office shall prescribe forms and issue circulars or orders to secure the harmonious and efficient administration of his bureau or office and to carry into full effect the laws relating to matters within his jurisdiction. xxx.
WHEREAS, it is further provided under paragraph (2) thereof states: “Heads of bureaus or offices are authorized to issue orders regarding the administration of their internal affairs for the guidance of or compliance by their officers and employees”,
WHEREFORE, for purposes of elevating the Bureau’s standard operational procedure at our international ports of entry and exit, this Memorandum Order is hereby issued with the following provision:
In addition to the official functions stated in the appointment as immigration officers of the Bureau of Immigration, all duly designated immigration supervisors assigned at Philippine international airports under the BI Airport Operations Division (AOD) shall perform the duties and responsibilities as follows:
1. Shall act referrals from duty immigration officers on matters relating to:
a) Evaluation of passengers whose name appears in the Bureau’s Hold Departure List (HDO), Watchlist (WLO), Blacklist (BLO) or Alert list (ALO);
b) Minor Filipino passengers who are required to secure clearance from the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) prior to their departure from the country; and
c) Government employees who are required to secure travel authority from their respective offices prior to their departure from country.
2. Shall check on secondary inspection if all foreigners arriving into and departing from the country have proper and appropriate immigration/travel documents.
3. Shall monitor the attendance of all duty immigration officers.
4. Shall ensure and maintain at all times sufficient number of officers manning the immigration counters.
5. Shall submit report to the Chief, Airport Operations Division, of any incident that transpired during their tour of duty concerning the AOD and the Bureau of Immigration.
6. Shall perform other functions that may be assigned by the AOD Chief from time to time, in the interest of the service.
Violation of any of the operating provisions of this Order shall give rise to administrative disciplinary action, and, whenever warranted, criminal prosecution.
All memoranda, orders, circulars and previous issuances not consistent herewith are hereby deemed revoked.
This Order shall take effect immediately.
JUN 30 2011
(Sgd) RICARDO A. DAVID. Jr.