Sec 47. Notwithstanding the provisions of this Act, the President is authorized:
(a) When the public interest so warrants –
- To waive the documentary requirements for any class of non-immigrants, under such conditions as he may impose;
- To admit, as non-immigrants, aliens not otherwise provided for by this Act, who are coming for temporary period only, under such conditions as he may prescribe;
- To waive the passport requirements for immigrants, under such conditions as he may prescribe;
- To reduce or to abolish the passport visa fees in the case of any class of non-immigrants who are nationals of countries which grant similar concessions to Philippine citizens of a similar class visiting such countries; and
- To suspend the entry of aliens into the Philippines from any country in which cholera or other infectious or contagious disease is prevalent.
(b) For humanitarian reasons, and when not opposed to the public interest, to admit aliens who are refugees for religious, political, or racial reasons, in such classes of cases and under such conditions as he may prescribe.