BID BULLETIN NO. 3
A. MINUTES OF THE PRE-BID CONFERENCE
Date : February 29, 2012
Time : 2:00 PM
Venue : Conference Room 3rd Floor, BI Main Building
| In Attendance:|
|BI-BAC Members: || BAC-TWG Members |
- A/C Abdullah S. Mangotara (Chairman)
- Atty. Norman G. Tansingco
- A/C Siegfred B. Mison (Vice Chairman)
- Engr. Viviene A. Candelario
- Exec. Dir. Eric E.Dimaculangan
| COA|| NGO|
- (representing Ms. Marlene F. Mina)
- . : Ms. Jacqueline Carballo
Call to Order
BAC Chairman A/C Mangotara called the conference to order at 2:00PM, after which he acknowledged the presence of the observer from NGO, COA and bidders’ representatives.
Chairman asked the Secretariat whether other observers were invited to the conference. Secretariat informed the body that observers were duly invited and notified in writing of the scheduled pre-bid conference.
Chairman pointed out that the conference was called for clarificatory questions relative to the bidding requirements and bid documents bought by the bidders.
Secretariat informed the body that PLDT has not yet bought the bid documents because the meeting had already started when the company’s representatives arrived. Since the representatives were present in the conference, the body agreed to allow them to observe the proceedings but was informed by the Chairman that they could not participate in the discussion and/or ask questions. Later during the meeting, PLDT was issued bid documents after payment of the required fee, and the representatives were allowed to ask clarificatory questions and participate in the discussion.
B. CHROLOLOGY OF CLARIFICATIONS/QUESTIONS ON THE BID DOCUMENTS, ANSWERS TO QUERIES RAISED BY THE BIDDERS AND OTHER CONCERNS ADDRESSED AND TACKLED DURING THE CONFERENCE
- 1. From Bayantel- Mayor’s permit application for 2012 has been filed but is yet to be released on March 2012, can the 2011 permit be submitted? Tax Clearance from BIR is also awaiting release; can the latest clearance be submitted?
Answer: Certificate from the licensing bureau that application for mayor’s permit has been filed, may be submitted as well as the latest tax clearance from BIR. BAC TWG reminded the bidders to submit true certified copies of legal documents from the issuing entity. For example, a photocopy of DTI registration must be certified by DTI as true copy from the original.
- 2. Chairman reminded the bidders to submit proposals in two (2) separate sealed envelopes, one for the eligibility & technical components the other envelope for the financial proposal;
- 3. From Globe – Are we going to provide the racks?
Answer: Yes, the proponent will provide the racks;
- 4. From Globe – Under the technical requirement, is the phrase “two hours response time” different from “restoration”?
Answer: The “two hours” response time means that in the event of trouble, the problem must be attended to/checked within two hours from the time problem is reported. BI operates 24/7;
- 5. From Bayantel- What happens in case of delay in response time?
Answer: That will be stipulated in the contract;
- 6. From Bayantel – Is the maximum capacity 300?
Answer: The system must have the capability to be expanded;
- 7. Bayantel – Does the warranty include replacement of units?
Answer: In case of breakdown, immediate replacement must be done. The same will be stipulated in the contract;
- 8. Eastern – Will patch pan be used in structured cabling?
- 9. Eastern – Is the operator’s handset included in the 60 digital handsets?
Answer: No. 60 for the offices and one for the operator;
- 10. PLDT – Will the bidders be provided with floor plan?
- 11. PLDT – Since the service includes ISDN lines and PABX, will this be awarded to only one provider?
- 12. Bayantel – Up to when will you entertain queries from bidders?
Answer: Address queries/clarifications particularly on design and layout, to the General Services Section of BI up to ten (10) days before the opening of bids, but under the IRR of RA 9184, clarifications must be made in writing.
After having addressed the above queries, TWG announced that the schedule of opening of bids has been moved to March 5, 2012 pursuant to RA 9184. Secretariat distributed Bid Bulletin No. 2 issued by BAC for the purpose of informing the bidders of the change in schedule of bids opening, from February 29, 2012 to March 5, 2012, same time, and same venue.
There having no other questions/queries raised by the bidders, the prebid conference adjourned at 3:20 PM.
C. ANSWERS TO WRITTEN QUERIES SENT BY THE BIDDERS
1. February 24, 2012, from Bayantel
- a. Considering the ABC, what lease term for the equipment do you prefer? 12 or 24 months?
Answer: There is no preference as to the terms. Bids will be evaluated to determine the most advantageous term to the government;
2. February 24, 2012, from Globe
- b. Will you consider auto renewal of the agreement for the same period if BI fails to execute a written notice of service termination at least sixty (60) days prior to expiration of the initial contract term or renewed contract term?
Answer: Auto renewal will not be possible. There has to be a negotiation prior to the expiration of the contract.
- a. On item 7 of Bidder’s Confidential Eligibility Requirements
What is the role of the person whom the bidder will assign/engage for the service of the contract? Will the person be for after sales support? for presales? Or for what other purpose?
Answer: Must be the person whom the bureau can engage with or contact in the event of “downtime” or telephone trouble.
This completes BID BULLETIN NO. 3 containing 1) MINUTES OF THE PRE-BID CONFERENCE 2) CHROLOLOGY OF CLARIFICATIONS/QUESTIONS ON THE BID DOCUMENTS, ANSWERS TO QUERIES RAISED BY THE BIDDERS AND OTHER CONCERNS ADDRESSED AND TACKLED DURING THE PRE-BID CONFERENCE and 3) ANSWERS TO WRITEEN QUERIES SENT BY THE BIDDERS.
(SGD)ATTY. ABDULLAH S. MANGOTARA
BI - BAC Chairman