BID BULLETIN NO. 1
Issued : December 6, 2011
For 2012 JANITORIAL SERVICES
MINUTES OF THE PRE-BID
and CLARIFICATIONS, INTERPRETATIONS & CORRECTIONS ON THE BID DOCUMENTS
A. MINUTES OF THE PRE-BID CONFERENCE
Date : November 29, 2011
Time : 2:00 PM
Venue : Conference Room
2nd Floor, BI Main Building
|BI-BAC Members: ||BAC-TWG Members|
|A/C Abdullah S. Mangotara (Chairman) ||Atty. Norman G. Tansingco |
|A/C Siegfred B. Mison (Vice Chairman)||Engr. Viviene A. Candelario|
|Exec. Dir. Eric E.. Dimaculangan ||Engr. John C. Tugade|
|Ms. Elvira D. Presado||Mr. Art Lanaria|
|Ms. Mary Ann Caranto||Ms. Rosalina Castillo|
Ms. Marlene F. Mina
|Laging Qlean Janitorial Services Inc. : ||Ms. Ma. Violeta Urbanes |
| ||Mr. Lauriz A. Sanchez|
| ||Ms. Margie Bautista|
| || |
|Excellent Building Care & Gen. Services, :||Mr. Jose Josol|
|Inc. ||Mr. Edgar de Vera|
| ||Mr. Roland Alcedo|
| || |
|Excellent General Services, Inc. : ||Ms. Rosabel Joan Valiente|
Call to Order
BAC Chairman A/C Mangotara called the conference to order at 2:00PM, after which he acknowledged the presence of COA and bidders’ representatives.
Chairman asked the Secretariat whether observers were invited to the conference. Secretariat informed the body that aside from COA, the following NGOs were invited to observe the proceedings and were duly notified in writing of the scheduled BAC activities for 2012 janitorial services.
Chamber of Commerce of the Philippines
International Training Network
B.I Multi-purpose Cooperative
Center for Community Services
These NGOs, however, did not send any representative to the conference as shown in the attendance sheet.
Chairman quoted the provisions of Sec. 22.3 of RA 9184 which says that “The pre-bid conference shall discuss, among others, the eligibility requirements and the technical and financial components of the contract to be bid. Attendance of the bidders shall not be mandatory. However, only those who have purchased the Bidding Documents shall be allowed to participate in the pre-bid conference and raise or submit written queries or clarifications.”
With the foregoing, Chairman said that it is understood that only those who have bought the bid documents were allowed to attend the pre-bid, and that the conference was called for clarificatory questions relative to the bid documents bought by the bidders and other requirements. He then reiterated that the submission and opening of bids is scheduled on December 13, 2011.
B. CLARIFICATIONS, INTERPRETATIONS AND CORRECTIONS ON THE BID DOCUMENTS
For purposes of computing the labor cost (under letter A of computation sheet), 314 days must be used instead of 310 as provided under WO #16, labor cost components shall be 1) basic pay and 2) cost of living allowance.
Five (5) days service incentive leave computation (letter C of the computation sheet) to be computed as follows: basic plus cola x 5 over 12
- On the requirement for a separate sheet for janitorial equipment requiring LTO registration (under item 10, page 4 Availability of Equipment) The separate sheet would be for motorized vehicles to be used by the company in rendering the service, where certificate of ownership or LTO registration must be attached.
- Number of janitors from the incumbent provider that can be accommodated by the winning bidder in case of displacement. Both Laging Qlean and Excellent General Services may be able to accommodate five (5) janitors each. Along with this, the Chairman clarified that the bureau would not intercede in hiring janitors in case of displacement because it is solely the winning bidder’s prerogative.
- On the willingness of the bidders to sign warranty that they will be transparent in their billings, with no hidden charges. Bidders are willing. Excellent Building Care & General Services, Inc. will submit certification under oath that they comply with labor laws.
- On December 31, 2011, the present janitorial contract will expire and the winning bidder must be able to provide janitors to other BI offices including those outside Metro-Manila - one in Angeles, one in Makati, one in San Fernando La Union, and four in Mandaue. Will the winning bidder be able to comply? All bidders answered that they can comply with the requirement.
- Rate to be used in case of deployment of janitors outside Metro Manila. NCR rate
- On the required two shifts schedule, one from 6:30AM-3:30PM and another from 9:00AM – 6:00PM, with bundy clocks provided by the bidders. Bidders agreed
- Signature of Bid. Anyone duly authorized by the Board to do so as certified by the Board Secretary. Certification must bear the seal of the corporation and must state that the person signing the documents is authorized to sign for the company.
- Bidder’s Bond requirement: Although not specifically stated in RA 9184, it is a practice in government contracts to post GSIS bonds. Henceforth, bidders are encouraged to post GSIS bonds although other bonds can be posted as long as complete documentary requirements are submitted.
- Bidder’s Completed Project where each contract must be accompanied by certificate of completion and owner’s acceptance. There are completed projects which may not be paid yet nor accepted, will Official Receipt for the last payment made suffice? Last payment receipt will suffice because when there is already such receipt, it means that all responsibilities are cleared.
- On-going government and private contracts, where each contract must be accompanied by notice of award and/or notice to proceed issued by the owners. Since this is government contract, there must be strict adherence to RA 9184. P.O. only will not suffice. Notice to Proceed then is needed.
- Lowest Calculated Responsive Bid. All bids would be fairly evaluated and the most responsive to the requirements of the bureau will get the contract. Bids will be evaluated based on credibility and responsiveness.
The above statements shall modify, amend or replace parts of the Bidding Documents issued to bidders.
Pursuant to Section 32.1 of the Revised IRR of RA 9184, bidders are prohibited from making any kind of communication with any member of the Committee, the Secretariat, or TWG regarding the evaluation of their bids until the issuance of the Notice of Award. However, the BAC, through its Secretariat, may ask in writing the bidder for a clarification of its bids. All responses to requests for clarification shall be in writing.
There having no other matters to discuss, meeting adjourned at 5:00PM.
This completes BID BULLETIN NO. 1 containing the MINUTES OF THE PRE-BID CONFERENCE and CLARIFICATIONS, INTERPRETATIONS & CORRECTIONS ON THE BID DOCUMENTS.
ATTY. ABDULLAH S. MANGOTARA
BI BAC Chairman