|A Brief History|
|Vision and Mandate|
|BI - Subport Offices|
|List of BOC acted applications|
|Updated List of Released I-Cards|
|Lifted Watchlist and Hold Departure Issued by the DOJ|
|List of Approved Quota Visa Applications|
|MEMORANDUM ORDER No. RPL-10-009|
MEMORANDUM ORDER No. RPL-10-009
This amends MEMORANDUM ORDER NO. RPL-10-006
dated 6 September 2010
WAIVER OF EXC LUSION GROUND FOR CERTAIN MINORS
COMMONWEALTH Act (C.A.) No. 613, Section 29(a) (12), as amended, provides:
Section 29 (a). The following classes of aliens shall be excluded from entry into the Philippines:
x x x
(12) Children under fifteen years of age, unaccompanied by or not coming to a parent, except that such children shall be admitted in the discretion of the Commissioner of Immigration, if otherwise admissible; (Italics provided)
C.A. No. 613, Section 29 (a)(12) expressly authorizes the commissioner of Immigration to waive the exclusion of children, who are unaccompanied by or not coming to a parent. For this purpose, the following procedures are adopted:
1. The minor’s guardian or representative shall pay a P3120.00 waiver fee to an authorized cashier. Payment shall be made in Philippine currency. Meantime, the minor shall be escorted by an immigration officer;
2. The official receipt for the waiver fee, passport, a copy of the airline ticket and arrival card of the minor shall be prepared by Immigration Terminal Heads and submitted to the Airport Operations Division (AOD) Chief. Upon compliance, the minor shall be released by the escort.
3. The AOD Chief shall submit his recommendation to the Office of the Commissioner/Officer-In-Charge; and
4. Upon approval, the AOD Chief shall return all the documents to the respective terminal heads. He shall note the minor’s departure, arrange for the return of documents under item (2) and ensure that the minor’s passport indicates all essential immigration admission data.
These shall also be standard procedures for all Immigration Terminal Heads in Philippine ports of entry for alien passengers. To ease transmission of data, electronic facsimiles shall be received, provided, Immigration Terminal Heads certify that the copies are authentic. The approval of the Commissioner may be conveyed in the same manner.
The Chiefs of the Immigration Regulation Division, the Airport Operations Division and the Cash Section shall ensure compliance with this Memorandum Order.
(Sgd) RONALDO P. LEDESMA